Marinara Tomato Sauce
Optional: Basil, Bay Leaves, Oregano, etc.
1) Cut Eggplant into 1/2 inch thick slices.
2) Cut slices again into approx 1/2 inch thick pieces.
3) Soak Eggplant pieces in salted water for approx 2 hours.
4) Chop up Celery, Onion, and Garlic and Sautee in Olive oil.
5) Fry Eggplant in Olive oil until lightly brown.
6) Drain off excess oil.
7) Combine Eggplant, Celery, Onion, Garlic, Green Olives, Capers,
Tomato Sauce, and Vinegar together and place in jars.
8) Refrigerate and serve cold on bread or use as a pasta sauce.
NOTE: Grandma didn’t provide any measurements, so experiment and
have fun. ( It should be a thick saucy spread with Eggplant as the
predominant ingredient )